As the warmth of spring settles upon Jericho, new life forces it’s way through the semi-frozen ground. Like blood returning to a waking limb, sap flows in the forest’s trees and wild beasts stir in their dens. The full moon in all her glory blazes down after sunset, illuminating the prey for those on the hunt.
Perhaps for some Jericho citizens, this renewal of life goes unnoticed. There has been an uneasy calm these past weeks since many of Jericho’s adventurers returned from their most recent task. Asked by their leaders to travel through time in an attempt to stop the plans of the mysterious Black Channel, whether they succeeded is a matter of opinion. At least very least, victory was snatched from the hands of defeat. Yet no new developments have occurred since then, even if the rumour mill runs rampant and there is clear unrest at the possibilities of what will occur next. You could excuse Jericho if it’s a little anxious these days.
As if that was not concern enough, groups of orcs and other greenskins with red streaks on their faces have been seen increasingly along the borders of Jericho, causing unrest amongst the farmers and trade folk travelling the roads. No hostile actions have taken place, but a tension appears to be growing among those who live at the outskirts or travel through it.
Admiral Lockwood, Jericho’s newest ruler, has a plan. Coupled with the midnight meeting of his chosen advisors at midnight on the 12th of May, the Mayor of Mea Visa has been invited to provide insight into economic matters and town development. The time has come for the arrival of the Berphauntian officials promised in the winter months, to assist in guiding the citizens and new leadership in tasks to grow their organizations, prosper and function as a proud Berphauntian town. To help in these matters the Admiral has generously offered to cover half of the living expenses for all his citizens, but his coffers are limited and the time to act together is now to make Jericho not only self sufficient but a thriving hub of activity.
Further to that cause, the local Squamatta tribes are eager to assist Jericho after the help they received last year, but they seem preoccupied with the wildlife and insects the spring brings with it. They report not only seeing orcs in the swamps but also figures moving strangely, almost mindlessly at night near the outskirts of town. Travellers that have recently arrived speak similarly of figures on the roadside, keeping their distance and fleeing when light is presented. One merchant claims to have witnessed a well-dressed gentleman at midnight, raving mad and pulling at his own hair, chest covered in blood. When approached out of concern this gentleman transformed into a magical mist which vanished into the trees! Be wary on the roads, the merchant warns.
With dawn breaking on the summer of 2,259, new stories are waiting to be told and new mysteries to be uncovered. The air is fresh and crisp, the adventurous blood pumps in your hearts. This is why you travelled to Jericho instead of the comfort of some walled town and a cozy, boring life. The next chapter awaits you — it’s time to make your mark.
You’ve waited patiently for almost 6 months for me to say these words: Welcome to the first full weekend event of our 2017 season! That’s right, back to the fresh air, forests, stars and campfires. Praise Dunarthos! Or Malagant, if you’re into that. No shame.
Please note these important details, especially if it’s your first time at a weekend event:
– There may be restrictions on where you can drive on site prior and after the game, based on site conditions and weather. We will update you as we get closer to the event.
– Note that COST OF LIVING is active this event and is set to 1 silver. It’s actually set to 2 silver but the Admiral is paying out of pocket to cover some of the in-game costs (see above). Cost of living is a fee you must pay to apply an additional, second blanket to your character. You can find details about what cost of living is and how it functions in our policies here:
– It still gets cool at night so dress warm. Also, it’s the rainy season – expect to get wet! You will be living outside for 48 hours, prepare for it or you will suffer.
– With the end of our off season comes the end to tagless events. We will return to issuing tags for limited use skills your character has. Please speak to logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
– We will be using the new rulebooks! This also means that the new frag races are available for purchase. Once again, please contact email@example.com with questions.
– We have a new shaper and narrator team! Although most of them are experienced vets please be gentle as they settle into their new roles.
– Full moon this event! Yay! (Note: not an official lunar event for therians)
– sort of) New players! If you received a quick new player speech at one of our tavern nights or day mods, we welcome and encourage you to participate in another speech between 6pm-10pm this event at logistics. We’ll be able to answer your questions and go over things in more detail when we’re not rushed for time.
– The weapon and armour marshal team will be holding a combat workshop for new players and vets who’d like a refresher. Please meet at the armour / weapon marshalling station next to logistics at 7pm and the group will be moved to a nearby location.
– If we have anything else to add as we approach the event date, we’ll let you know!
See you in-game!
Date: Friday May 12th to Sunday May 14th
On Site Logistics Opens: Friday 6:00PM
Event Start: Friday 10:00PM after opening announcements
Event End: Sunday 2pm, cleanup afterwards
$45 with Prelog & Prelog Payment
$50 with Prelog Only
$55 without Prelog
Experience earned: 1 CP Blanket
Location: 36 Walkers Road, Fenelon Falls, ON
Official announcement here: http://www.underworldlarp.ca/mybb/showthread.php?tid=17488
Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/198096514036777/